One of the most common issues affecting the performance of your pc while gaming is “Overheating”. Millions of gamers scout for “cooling solutions for pc” every day on the search engines. This article has suggested a few tips that can help you stop your PC from overheating while playing games.
Before we move on to the main topic, let us quickly have a look at the various issues this article can help you with:
- If you have purchased a new gaming laptop or gaming PC and you have observed that your system is heated
- If your gaming PC or laptop suddenly shuts down while playing games
- If your games suddenly freeze on account of over-heating
If you have any of the issues mentioned above, then peruse the sections below that will help you address the issue of overheating.
Cooling Solutions for PC
Here are some of the thighs you can try to help you with overheating issues:
Restarting your PC
Sometimes restarting the PC helps to resolve the minor causes of overheating. Since the system reboots, many unnecessary processes that cause overheating are stopped and thus, overheating is resolved. If you are using a laptop, you can shut it down and then remove the battery and reinsert it before restarting.
Use Task Manager to End Tasks with High-Resources
When you play high-end games, it consumes a lot of resources. However, when it is combined with other high-consumption resources, it often leads to overheating.
One of the easiest ways to get rid of these high resources is by using the task manager. It helps you to identify such processes and then lets you choose if you want to stop them.
You can start the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE or CTRL+SHIFT+Esc. While scouting, you can also look out for any suspicious activity that consumes a considerably large amount of resources. It might be a sign of a malicious or trojan application.
Windows are equipped with a power troubleshooter that can help you identify and resolve the issues related to power. Here is what you can do:
- Click setting in the START MENU
- Now click “Update and Security” and click on “Troubleshoot.”
- Click on POWER under “Find and fix other issues.”
- Press Run
- Let the scan complete and fix the issues.
One of the best cooling solutions for PC is undoing the overclocking. Overheating is caused commonly when you have overclocked your GPU, CPU or any other component.
Increasing the clock rate allows your PC to run more processes per second, which meant it requires additional power. In this process, the system sometimes overheats. Therefore, if you want to resolve the issue, you can try reversing it back to the same settings.
Device and Driver Update
Overheating is also caused if your drivers are not kept updated. Here is what you can do to update your drivers manually:
- Go to the Device Manager
- Open the drivers section
- Check for the yellow triangle with the exclamation. (it represents a driver with issues)
- Right-click on the driver and click Update
You can also check the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers separately and then install them.
Make Changes to Your Power Settings
Sometimes your existing power settings causes overheating. You can do the following steps to help you in such cases:
- Go to the “Power and Sleep Settings”
- Click “Additional Power Settings”
- Now change the “Plan settings.”
- Click “Change Advanced Power Setting”
- In the Processor power management section, you can set a lower value for “Maximum processor state” and “Minimum processor state.”
- Click Apply and Ok.
Lower Your FPS
Better FPS or frames per second gives you a better gaming experience. However, this can also cause your system to overheat. You can reduce the FPS so that your graphics card receives lesser stress and keeps it away from overheating.
Replace the Charger
Be observant and check if the overheating is only caused when you keep your charger plugged in. if that is the case, your charger is faulty and is causing the overheating. Replacing the charger would fix the overheating issue.
We hope that the cooling solutions for pc above would help you resolve the overheating.