Have you recently encountered the frustrating DirectX error on Call of Duty Warzone 2.0? If so, then you should know how to fix the Call of Duty Warzone 2 DirectX error. This error usually occurs when players want to launch or play Call of Duty Warzone 2.0. In this guide, I will show you the steps that can help you to fix this DirectX error easily.
Fixes for this issue are given below.
- Have the right requirements on your device.
- Restart the game after closing it.
- Update DirectX.
- Repair game files.
- Update the OS and Game.
- Try to do a Registry Modification.
- Change the settings of the Display Scaling.
Sometimes, the Call of Duty Warzone 2 DirectX error seems so confusing because it can show up even when everything is working fine in DirectX. Warzone can be crashed due to this error. The moment this error occurs, you can see a message written on the screen: ‘DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error’.
So, if you are one of those who see this error frequently, you should read this guide and learn to fix the issue.
What Are The Reasons Behind The ‘DirectX Encountered An Unrecoverable Error’?
The ‘DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error’ can show up due to a number of different reasons. So, before you fix the issue, you must be aware of all the common reasons behind it.
Here they are.
Corrupt Game Files
It is possible that some of the key files of the game have been missing. Or maybe some game files get corrupted. In that case, you will have to try to repair the game files. Or you can uninstall Call of Duty and install it again.
Sometimes, Call of Duty Warzone 2 can be infected with some unexpected bugs. That is why you are seeing the unrecoverable error on DirectX. Therefore, restart the game after closing the device.
In case you are using an antivirus or PC Booster, it can interfere with the game. The game can’t be launched properly which leads to the DirectX error. In that case, turn off those apps for some time and try to play the game.
Outdated Drivers Or Software
In case the software or game drivers have been outdated, it can end up showing the DirectX unrecoverable error. So, here, you need to update the software and the game drivers.
Now, take a look at what you can do to fix the DirectX unrecoverable error on your device.
Easy Fixes For The Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0 DirectX Error For Players
The steps for fixing the DirectX error are pretty simple. So, you can try them yourself.
1. Have The Right Requirements On Your Device
Maybe your current device does not have the right requirements so that you can play the game. So, you need to ask yourself first: can my pc run Warzone 2.0? Check the requirements.
|Features||Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements||Ultra Requirements|
|GPU||GeForce GTX 670 or 1650||GeForce GTX 970 or 1660||GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER|
|CPU||Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300||Intel Core i5-2500K/ AMD Ryzen R5 1600X||Intel i7-9700K/ AMD Ryzen 2700X|
|RAM||8GB||12 GB||16 GB|
|HDD||175GB HD space||175GB HD space||175GB HD space|
|OS||Win 10 64-Bit||Win 10 64-Bit||Win 10 64-Bit|
2. Restart The Game After Closing It
One of the best and easy fixes for this issue is to close the game, Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 and restart it. Restarting Call of Duty will help you to fix unnecessary and unexpected bugs.
3. Update DirectX
- Press Windows Key + R.
- In the Run dialogue box, type ‘dxdiag’.
- Hit enter.
- The moment the Window appears, search for the DirectX version under the System tab.
- Check for updates.
- If there is any, install it properly.
4. Repair Game Files
- Open the Steam application.
- Move to Library.
- Search for the icon known as Marvel’s Midnight Suns.
- Right-click on it.
- Choose Properties.
- Choose the Local Files Tab.
- Select the option called Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Run the game again.
5. Update The OS And The Game
Another best and easiest way to fix the DirectX unrecoverable error is to update the Operating System and Call of Duty itself. If you update your Operating System and the game regularly, it decreases the chance of showing any issues.
This process also includes the latest game drivers and updated graphics cards. So, you will need to ensure that your Operating System and the Game is updated properly.
6. Try To Do A Registry Modification
- Press Windows + S to bring up the Taskbar.
- Search for the Registry Editor option.
- Go to the following Registry key: HKEY_CALSSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Filter\text/XML.
- Go to the left-side pane and right-click on the entry ‘text/xml’.
- Choose the Delete option.
- Confirm it.
- Exit the Window and restart the device.
7. Change The Settings Of The Display Scaling
- Open Settings.
- Choose the System tile.
- Go to the Display tab and set the Scale and Layout option to 100%.
- Make sure this percentage does not go high or below 100.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How can you run Warzone 2 on DirectX 11?
You can run Warzone 2 on DirectX 11. You just need to go along with the below steps-
- Go to the Battle.net launcher.
- Here, you will need to choose the Call of Duty: Warzone from the list of games.
- Go to the Gear option. You can see it beside the button, called Play Game.
- Select game settings.
- Go to the Additional Command Line Arguments and check the box beside it.
- Type -DD11 in the box.
- Choose the Done button.
- Run the game.
Q2. How do I fix DirectX MW2?
Here is how you will be able to fix DirectX MW2.
- Make updates in GPU drivers.
- Turn on the game mode and high-performance mode.
- Disable the default graphics that switch to integrated GPU.
- Turn off the RTX video enhancement.
Q3. What is the error code drive Warzone 2?
Warzone 2 Drive error code is an error that shows up the moment a download cannot be completed successfully. The game will not work as intended when this error shows up on the screen.
So, here is everything that you should be aware of regarding the DirectX error. Hope these steps will resolve your issues. All the best!