Quick Fact: People have a fear of staying away from their phones or being phone-less and this phenomenon has a name called Nomophobia(no mobile phobia).
The fact shared above seems sufficient to determine the importance of mobile phones in today’s era. As ‘Sir Arthur C. Clarke’ says ‘any sufficiently advanced technology is equal to magic’, and we can not unsee the changes mobile phones have bought to the world, especially to the education industry. While the educational system was facing crisis and collapse due to the covid-19 outbreak, online teaching was helping it recover and stay hopeful.
This picture above, shows how people have preferred mobile phones over other gadgets.
REASONS TO COUNT ON ONLINE TEACHING THROUGH MOBILE
• DISTANCE FRIENDLY: There may be students or teachers who might want to study or teach from different parts of a country or a different country altogether. Studying through online teaching apps allows both students as well as teachers to gain benefits from this opportunity.
• ACCESSIBLE 24*7: Mobile phones are not very huge and portable too unlike big desktops. Hence, a learner can get access to online teaching sitting anywhere at any point in time. Making use of Online teaching apps is the best when it comes to emergency learnings.
• HAPPY POCKETS: Mobile phones are not as expensive as big desktop setups. One can make a small investment and expect better learning without being tensed about their budget. Even not-so-wealthy people can get access to knowledge and information through mobile without worrying too much about the bills.
• MOTIVATES STUDENTS: There are many online teaching apps that can make learning easier and interesting for the students. The students getting online teaching through moiles are less likely to get bored while learning about a particular topic. Online teaching can help students with animation or graphics-based learning, which the students totally enjoy.
• FREQUENT KNOWLEDGE TESTS: Online teaching apps allows the teachers to make good use of the technology. The teachers can conduct online quizzes, puzzles, and short tests from time to time to keep a progress check of the students. This way of online teaching might not seem like a punishment to the students.
• CONTENT AVAILABILITY: You want to learn about one topic and your mobile will bring to you a lot of content, say 20 articles, 30 videos, etc for reference. The internet and your mobile are a deep ocean of knowledge, dive in and become the master of that particular topic you wanted to learn.
• SELF-PACED LEARNING: A student might take as much time as he wants to complete a topic in no hurry. He/she can avoid the hustle-bustle of a traditional classroom and take time as much as he/she to retain the topics.
• HELPS TEACHERS SAVE TIME: While teaching online through mobile, the teachers can pre-record the lectures according to their convenience. The teachers have social circles too, online teaching allows them to maintain a healthy balance between the two.
• IMPROVES DIGITAL LITERACY: Online learning helps both the teachers as well as the students try their hands-on technology. It also helps them with insights into better communication skills. People constantly keep growing and learning through online teaching.
• ENHANCES CAREER PROSPECTS: In today’s era of digitalization in almost every field, knowing how everything works online from cloud documents to uploading and editing pictures or files might serve as a perk and push you ahead while competing for jobs.
MYTHS VS TRUTH ABOUT ONLINE TEACHING
Let us read a few myths first:
• Online teaching/ studying is isolating or lonely.
• Online learning is not much in demand
• Online qualifications are less respectful.
• Online teachers are not well educated.
Let us bring the truth to you:
• Online teaching is more engaging as it involves interaction with people from different parts of the world.
• Online classes help with time-saving and better time management, they can be scheduled according to the learner’s convenience. Hence, they are always in demand.
• Large MNC’s appreciate the flexibility online teaching/ learning offers. Almost all big companies and renowned universities have now launched their special online courses for they know that online learning is directly related to progress.
• The online teachers who teach through online teaching apps or online teaching through mobiles have better knowledge as they can multitask. They can teach both ways: traditionally as well as through online mode. They even design special courses for their student’s better understanding.
We hope we were able to deconstruct your myths about online teaching and now you have a better understanding of how online teaching through mobile can take you ahead in life.